SnappyFlow is offered in two modes - SaaS and On-Prem Saas
Setup SaaS Account
- Go to www.snappyflow.io
- Register for a free trial. A demo account will be created with a pre-configured sample application
- Request an upgrade to Full Trial by clicking on the link provided in the top bar. You will get an email stating “your trial environment is ready” once SnappyFlow team approves your trial request.
Setup On-Prem SaaS
On-Prem SaaS can be deployed within your public cloud accounts using scripts provided by SnappyFlow team
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. A support engineer will understand your data ingest rates and provide an appropriately sized solution
Important terminologies and concepts
Monitoring of applications running on VM or bare-metal requires installation of a lightweight agent called sfAgent. sfAgent provides following features:
- Discovery of services
- Auto-recommendation of monitoring configuration based on discovered services
- Monitoring of various services based on specified configurations
- Log parsing and collection
- Orchestration of tracing (check out sfTracing for details)
sfPoller is a poller appliance installed within user’s cloud account. It can be used to
Monitor cloud services such as RDS, ELB, Lamba, ECS, Azure App Service etc.
Perform Synthetic Monitoring of APIs using postman like collections
Stream logs from applications to sfPoller, apply parsing rules and forward logs to SnappyFlow.
Daemon set installed on Kubernetes cluster and monitors the following elements:
- Host, Pod & Container metrics
- Resources such as deployments, Daemon Sets etc.
- Kubernetes core services metrics
- Cluster logs
- Monitor Prometheus exporters running on any of the application pods
sfAgent equivalent and installed as a side-car container within a Kubernetes pod and can be configured to monitor metrics and logs of other containers running on pods.
Every user account has a unique system generated profile key. Data sent by collectors to SnappyFlow need to have the correct profile key and tags to be allowed into SnappyFlow. This key has to be copied by the user and pasted into the configuration file of sfAgent or within sfPoller’s UI
SnappyFlow mandates that all end-points should be assigned two tags -
_tag_appName. These tags have to be added to configuration files of sfAgent or within sfPoller’s UI. Pls see the video that explains how end-points should be organized hierarchically in SnappyFlow and how tags should be assigned
Let's Start Monitoring
Try out one of the simple exercises to familiarize yourself with the product